you said you LOVE me
the torment it reaks
hunger for your LOVE
For more Haiku, please visit A Mommy Story!
For more Haiku, please visit A Mommy Story!
I thought I'd die today. And yes, I'm serious.
On the way to work, we were almost hit by a lightning. Almost!
And instead, it hit the post beside our car. I was petrified. We were petrified.
I am thankful. I feel blessed. Today could've been my last. Or hours ago, could have been my last.
If I'm to live each day as if it's my last, I'd love to answer so many questions for people...and I'd love to know so many things about people...
I'm doing several random Tuesday Memes today...I so enjoyed doing them, so please feel free to do them if you wish, you may answer in the comments box, or post them, I'm sure to visit you, I'de love to know more about the people who come here...
So let me start with...Tina's Tuesdays!
Her topic for today is Fill In The Blanks...
If I could go on a dream vacation, it would be to ____.
My 3 favourite things to do are: ____, ____, and ____.
If I could change the world, I would start with ____.
If I could go on a dream vacation, it would be to Martha's Vineyard.
My 3 favourite things to do are: Read, Blog, and Shopping.
If I could change the world, I would start with providing good salary and benefits to all employees.
Next would be That's My Answer!
The question for today is...
If you were told that you could watch only one tv show a week for one year, what show would you choose to watch?
I miss MacGyver! That should be MacGyver!
And finally, steal this 50 Random Questions from Julie!
1. Where were you 3 hours ago?
I was at home having dinner with family...
2. Who are you in love with?
Next question please!
3. Have you ever eaten a crayon?
No! Never...which means I did not enjoy my childhool! LOL
4. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
Yup, the flowers in my work station...
5. When is the last time you went to the mall?
6. Are you wearing socks right now?
Yes...one of those rare moments in my life!
7. Do you have a car worth over $2,000?
8. When was the last time you drove out of town?
Yesterday...it was only a few minutes from here...but it was technically out of town since it's in another city.
9. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
I avoid the big screen...too lazy to go there!
10. Are you hot?
I feel so cold right now...Does that answer that question?! LOL
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Mountain Dew...don't ask why!
12. What are you wearing right now?
Black blouse...offwhite pants...
13. Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it?
Car wash...or let somebody do it...or is that the same as car wash?!
14. Last food that you ate?
15. Where were you last week at this time?
I was sick and was on leave, was staying in my room the whole time.
16. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
You bet! LOL
I bought a new blouse...then clothes for jogging/workout...a tank top and skirt...and a new shoes!
17. When is the last time you ran?
2 weeks ago...I miss it last weekend.
18. What's the last sporting event you watched?
Live? Basketball game...
19. What is your favorite animal?
Dog...ok, cat too!
20. Your dream vacation?
Martha's Vineyard! I so want to go back there...
Another one would be to go to the hill tribe in North Thailand...
21. Last person's house you were in?
22. Worst injury you've ever had?
Got a sprain in my ankle...that's 15 years ago!
23. Have you been in love?
24. Do you miss anyone right now?
25. Last play you saw?
Live? That would be Miss Saigon.
26. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Sense of humor? Can somebody help me answer this one! Where are the opposite sex! ROFL
27. What are your plans for tonight?
I'm at work...so to get back to work?! LOL
28. Who is the last person you sent a MySpace message or comment?
I was commenting on a lot of people...but not sure who was the last one!
29. Next trip you are going to take?
Soon? I'm not sure...maybe Bohol.
30. Ever go to camp?
31. Were you an honor roll student in school?
32. What do you want to know about the future?
Will I ever have children?
33. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne?
34. Are you due sometime this year for a doctor's visit?
I need to get my executive checkup soon...
35. Where is your best friend?
Most likely he is in front of his pc...
36. How is your best friend?
He's very happy! (My only prayer for him!)
37. Do you have a tan?
38. What are you listening to right now?
39. Do you collect anything?
A lot of things...see my FUN Collection!
40. Who is the biggest gossiper you know?
There are a lot in my life...one would be the people I know in the media. And I mean the media here!
41. Last time you got stopped by a cop or pulled over?
That's long time ago...
42. Have you ever drank your soda from a straw?
43. What does your last text message say?
"You look lovely tonight." - Really...somebody texted me that last night...I did not see him...but he said he saw me and texted me that.
44. Do you like hot sauce?
Yup, but only in moderation...
45. Last time you took a shower?
3 hours ago?
46. Do you need to do laundry?
They do it for me.
47. What is your heritage?
Japanese, Filipino, Chinese, Spanish
48. Are you someone's best friend?
I'd love to believe so.
49. Are you rich?
Not as I hope to be! Wait...you mean which type of asset again?!
50. What were you doing at 12AM last night?
I was having coffee alone.
It's a beautiful Thursday! I have so many Things I'm Grateful For!
Today, I'm joining Thankful Thursday to give thanks and appreciate all the good things I have in life and most especially this week, I hope to manifest this appreciation by joining Thankful Thursday weekly. I used to do this every Monday with my list of Things I'm Grateful For as inspired by Solomon Broad, I'm bringing it back through this fun activity!
I have here 13 things that I'm grateful...ALL for the gift of friendships...and wonderful friends!
(1) I'm so grateful for all who joins Fun Monday! I've hosted it twice and it's always a success! Thanks a lot guys!
(2) I'm grateful for the new community I found here! Every clicks, every visit, every comments mean A LOT to me! To you who makes comments in times I don't expect anyone to be here...
To you who keeps numerous visits here when I'm too busy or to preoccupied to visit your site...thank you!
(3) I'm so thankful that I'm reunited with an old friend. We've known each other since high school and now we're spending time together again...and it just feels so good!
(4) Families will always be there for us...but to know that they're there and can be friends too...is such a joy!
(5) It's nice to know that my boss can be a friend...is a friend.
(6) I will be forever grateful for all the good things SJI has done, is doing for me.
(7) To Red...I never thought my relationship with you can be this close. You are such a good friend....can't imagine life without you and SJI.
(8) Vince, thanks for your patience with me...thanks for always letting me use your car...no matter how many time I scratch it! LOL
(9) Kat, thanks for bugging me always. You've caused me to send messages wrongly to people because you text me when I'm supposed to be sleeping...but I love you just the same...as just you love me as I am.
(10) I'm thankful for the meeting new friends here through WFW and Thankful Thursday!
(11) I'm thankful for finding Living Room.
(12) KB, for all the time...support...friendship...care....and for being there for me, thank you!
(13) Yum (aka IT Guy), thanks for the understanding and acceptance...thanks for everything!
Please check Thankful Thursday
and together let us celebrate
all the things we should
be grateful for!
For other 13 wonderful things....please visit Thursday Thirteen!
For Wordless Wednesday, please scroll down.
It's my first time to join Word-Filled Wednesday...and I have to thank Nancie for introducing me to this nice weekly activity which with God's grace I so intend to do always.
Below is not an original work, I can't come up with a photo with a Bible verse last minute and I don't want to bother IT Guy (well, I tried but he is in a meeting...LOL) so I just grab this one. I love this verse and I got this from Webshots Family.
I am hosting this week's FUN Monday...yet Mariposa will still do her traditional Monday Fever...for scroll down below for Music and Manic Monday!
What is the nearest big city to your home?
Well, I live in the city...Cebu City is quite big...next would be Manila and Davao. Manila being the capital city of the Philippines and Davao being the largest city here in terms of land area.
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?
I would say 9! I will not compromise any information even at the point of death, especially if I know what are the consequences of it being divulged.
Describe your hair (color, texture, length).
My hair naturally is black, I'm Asian! But early last year I dyed it...from a quick look, it would look like dark brown...yet when hit by light you see a range of colors...from auburn...to light and dark brown...something like that. My hair is layered...so some are shoulder length and the longest strands are elbow length.
What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow?
I'm an aggressive driver...but I am courteous to those who follow traffic rules... I just hate slow drivers...I'm sorry. But lately, I rarely drive...it's just way too stressful for me.
When was the last time you had a really bad week?
I am having one right now...read the post before this and you'll know!
It's another beautiful Monday once again my dear friends...another day to celebrate life and our gifts of family and friends!
It's Monday Fever again for Mariposa so kindly scroll down for Fun...Music...Manic Monday entries!
It's Manic Doodle Monday today! And Mo committed to donate 50¢ to Cat Friends Helping Friends for very blog that post a doodle of a cat and leave their links at Manic Monday.
Yummy (aka IT Guy) and I turn 5 years today! Yes, it's been five years folks, they couldn't believe it...I couldn't believe it, but it's true! We made it!!!
So, today, I would like to share to you 13 weird facts about Mariposa and the IT Guy! These things could have been the reason why we are still together despite ALL odds!
(1) I sent the IT Guy three white roses and a card when we were still friends...I mean, before "us". Yup...yup...I am THAT crazy before, well, I am still now. :D
(2) The IT Guy does not drink ALOT because he gets tipsy easily while I don't...so sometimes, people stare our table because he gets the iced tea while I get beer (or tequila)! LOL
(3) We both love to listen to music...and we have about the same type of music that we listen to.
(4) On some weekends, we drive south of the island...THAT is how we spend time together. So either we leave so early to see sunrise in our favorite spot....and wait for sunset on the road before we go home.
(5) We jog/ walk every Sunday morning!
(6) IT Guy is not a typical guy in a sense that he knows how to get me my stuff...like, he can buy me shoes/ bags/ dress perfectly! By that I mean, I love them, they fit me well and they ALL look good on me. I figured the reason for this is he usually accompanies me when I go shopping...so he knows my taste and style! LOL
(7) We both know our past...yup, the good ones and the dark ones and we have accepted them. I think this is one reason why we are so comfortable with each other.
(8) The IT Guy is 7 years older than me.
(9) IT Guy changes the songs in my iPod regularly...see, I don't care much about it...so before I go to work, he just puts it in my bag an if I need some music, I listened to it and feels good to listen to different mix of songs with the thought that he picked those for me! Then in the morning, he gets them back....
(10) With #9, yes, you can presume that he drives me to work and pick me up from work most of the time! I work in the evening and he works in day time...so after his work, he goes to the house...we usually have dinner together...then I go to work, and in the morning, he picks me up and drops me home before he goes to work... Yes, he deserves an award for that.
(11) He is the ONLY man whom I have courage to introduce to my parents as my BF. The others in the past were like they (my family) just figured it out...but IT Guy?! Ha! He was more formal and serious...and I love him for that. He was never intimated by my Mom (Mom is more intimidating than Dad!) or should I say...he managed it so WELL then.
(12) We are both crazy with online games!
(13) We are getting married next year!
It's Monday once again, and it's Mariposa's tradition to do ALL her fun Monday activities in one post...so I present to you Fun...Music...Manic!
It's the first Monday of May and for some reason, this week is just so special and meaningful to me...and I would love to start my week SO right!
FUN Monday host for today is no other than the lovely Kitten! The theme for this week is Fun Monday Hero, she said -
"Tell me about the Super Hero in your life. Not from TV, but anyone that has been or is in your life that you have really looked up to or has made a impact on your life. It can one or many. You can share pictures if you like. Just have fun with it."
I just love this theme, very much!
I have several heroes in my life...but this week is timely for 2 important events and occasion in my life...which prompts me to make my Fun Monday dedicated to only 2 people in my life.
This Thursday...May 8...will be my 5th year with the IT Guy! Yes folks, we've been together that long...and hopefully we get to formalized everything next year.
Yummy (aka IT Guy) is my hero! His technical expertise in information technology had carried me through so many difficult situations...BUT of course it goes beyond that. Yummy is my best friend...my comforter...my devil's advocate...and the best lover I've had! With him I just don't have to explain myself...he accepted me...and he has been my confidante for years now. There is nothing about me that he does not know. And same with me.
I've had so many struggles in my life...my career...my relationships with friends...family...plus my extreme moods...and HE made it ALL easy for me. I have stop my mood stabilizers the moment I had him in my life...and it was then I realize THAT love and friendship is more important than Efexor! LOL
So my the IT Guy has the following attributes (in alphabet!) of a hero - Agreeable, Bountiful, Constant, Dutiful, Easy, Faithful, Gallant, Honorable, Ingenious, Kind, Loyal, Mild, Noble, Officious, Prudent, Quiet, Rich (in many ways!), Secret (we do have ALOT of this!), True, Valiant, Wise; the X indeed, is too harsh a letter to agree with him, but he is Young and Zealous.
Yummy, te amo mucho! And thanks for having me!!!
Mother's Day is around the corner...and I would love to start the mood for that special occasion today...though I know celebrating it for one week won't give justice to ALL mothers...it should be everyday, YET to overdo it in a week time won't do any harm...
My ultimate hero would be my Mom (Dad, you will have your turn come June, don't be envious...okay? LOL) I would know how I could articulate more what I have written for her on her birthday last year!
Mom loves me unconditionally...to a point that I feel I don't deserve ALL the things she had done for me. I can take anything and everything because when I come home...I know my Mom will be there to tell me I'm still the best daughter she has (well I'm her only daughter...LOL) and that she and Dad are so proud of me!
With that said, I would say no one in the world can take the place of my Mom. Right or wrong, I am always right from her viewpoint. She may have scold me a thousand times...but only for the the little things...for the big ones...she gives me her HUG, her LOVE and her UNDERSTANDING!
What I am today...who I am now...whatever I have...and ALL I ever hope to be...I owe it to my Mom! Happy Mother's Day Mom...you're my hero...
I would also like to dedicate my Music Monday to you...for YOU are the Wind Beneath My Wings...I would also like to share this song to ALL the mothers in the world!