This is my nephew enjoying his watermelon. I think he got it from me since his Dad is not so into fruits...and watermelon happens to be my favorite! I can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday...
Let me share with you some facts about watermelon --
* Not only does it quench your thirst, it can also quench inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis.
* Over 1,200 varieties of watermelon are grown worldwide.
* Watermelon is an ideal health food because it doesn’t contain any fat or cholesterol, is high in fiber and vitamins A & C and is a good source of potassium. Pink watermelon is also a source of the potent carotenoid antioxidant, lycopene. These powerful antioxidants travel through the body neutralizing free radicals. (Read more nutritional facts about watermelon.)
* Watermelon is a vegetable! It is related to cucumbers, pumpkins and squash. Early explorers used watermelons as canteens.
* Watermelon is grown in over 96 countries worldwide.
* In China and Japan watermelon is a popular gift to bring a host.
* In Israel and Egypt, the sweet taste of watermelon is often paired with the salty taste of feta cheese.
Happy Wordful Filled Wednesday!
For more Wordful Wednesday, please visit Seven Clown Circus...