My Word Filled Wednesday post is below...
Thom tagged me but I'd say this post is more than that! This is rather a serendipity post for me and I will slowly explain to you why.
The TAG rule says --
1) Go to your photo files…Select the 6th photo folder
2) Select the 6th photo in that folder
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 6 blog friends to do the same! (I will not tag anyone but feel free to do this when you have the time...it's fun!)
This is the 6th photo in my 6th photo folder!
What a luck as this photo will let me do my (not) WORDful (less) Wednesday and the story behind it will let me join What's Cooking Wednesday for the first time!
This photo was taken very recently...just last weekend. This is IT Guy's recipe and I'm sure he'll be surprise to see it here...Ha!
I call this recipe Creamy Tuna Pasta as that is what it is! Most of my friends and my family love it and this is a good recipe for weekends and a good step away from the usual Spaghetti Bolognese (Which is so common to Filipinos!). At least for us.
Let me share to you the recipe as I can remember --
500 grams of pasta (IT Guy loves to experiment, so you can have fettuccine or just any!)
1 can of tuna in vegetable oil, drained
garlic gloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil (I guess non-fat butter will also work as I saw him use that in the past when we ran out of olive oil.)
250 ml thin cream
1 cup/can sliced button mushrooms (IT Guy loves mushroom!)
1. Cook the pasta. (I know most of you know how!)
Boil the water, add a little oil so as not to make the pasta stick to each other. Add a little salt for the pasta. Once the water is boiling add the pasta until al dente (in English until it reached its tender crisp phase)! Drain and toss!
*If there is one thing I learn from the IT Guy it is to read the instructions in the package of the pasta as cooking time varies for each kind.
2. Add the olive oil into a large fry pan over medium heat. Add garlic. Don't over cook it as it will give a bitter taste. Just enough to get its aroma. Then add the onions and the mushrooms.
3. Add the tuna. While some people would opt to add the cream first I want the tuna ahead as I want it mix with the spices first. There is just something in the tuna which I want to neutralize to make it more palatable for me! LOL
4. Add the cream. Season to taste. We love to add a little of white pepper. Let it stay for 2-3 minutes while continuously stirring it.
5. Then add the pasta. Mix.
*You may also serve it with sprinkled chopped flat-leaf parsley.
And it's ready!!!
Happy (not so) WORDful (less) Wednesday!
For more interesting photos, you may visit Wordless Wednesday and Wordful Wednesday...or go to The Fairy Blogmother for more What's Cooking Wednesday participants.