Mariposa's Tales is now three years!!! WOOT!
It's a beautiful Monday...and I'm hosting FUN Monday this week...oh, what a joy!
The theme for this week is High moments...in our lives!
If you could share to us 3-5 high moments in your lives...this could be funny moments...the you can't believe you did it moments...the "I told you so" moments...or the times we asked the ground to go open and eat us moments! You need not write a book to explain them, the highlights will do.
Today, I am naturally high because it's been a thrilling three for my blog...
Here are my high five...
5. They say history becomes a legend...and legend becomes myth. Hopefully, this will just be a myth!
I never thought she can fly...LOL
I was sitting in a table of a decent pub, mind you...sipping my iced tea...when a girl pulled my hair! Yes, folks, she pulled my pretty hair! Is she not rude?!
So for the love of my life...um...I mean hair, I stood up and just well, had to defend myself. She did her superman flight to the table...while I continue sipping my iced tea.
I have never gotten into any fight in my life...but will never allow anyone to bully me!
4. I am born lucky! Sometimes I just feel that...
Let's go back 10 years ago...I was in an Teakwondo Tournament...national competion...elemination round. My opponent did this amazing forms and show...and tried make this tuning long side kick...and Mariposa reliazing that slowness of the opponent...and knowing this kick needs speed, I simply shifted myself about 4 inches to the left...and boom, she kicked the air and fell down! The game was over...and I won, she got injured for nothing...
3. Mariposa's definition of shopping spree is below...
There was a mall wide sale and it was a weekend...and so there I was in the midst of the hustle and bustle of shopping when I overheard three ladies whispering to themselves why it's called a sales when they still can't seem to afford the items. I can understand that...bec if we are talking about Marithé et François Girbaud and the item is $100, 50% off is still too much for an ordinary working girl here...and I was like nodding my to them on that. Then, came the three of witches from nowhere...asking the entire crowd to move to the side for them, blubbering something about if you can't afford it...go away. Things like that get into my nerve! The witches apparently wanted that red purse...black bag and brown wallet...so while they were making a conference of their life on where to use the items, I hurried myself to the counter to buy the stuff! They told me they wanted it because they saw it first...I said, I paid it first!
And I called those three poor girls whom they just tried to ummmm "bully" and I gave them the items...
Yes, I spent about $200 for items I readily gave to strangers...but I think it's worth it!
2. About four years ago, when my work was farthest from my home (an hour away via public transport is already far by my category!) it was one of those Monday when I decided to take commute! Okay...call me whatever but I suck at public transport! But that day, everything turned out fine until the moment i stepped down from the jeepney. I was about to cross the road when a cab driver was playing on me...he stepped on his brake when I paused...and when I decided to cross thinking he is on his brake, he moved forward, and stopped just when his hood is 5 cm away from my legs! And he was freaking LOL! I was freaking pissed. So I went to his side, and voila, he did not lock his door, so Mariposa opened it...and punched the cab driver in this forehead...and I hurriedly left....was red in embarrassment!
Yeah, it was unbelievable...people can't believe it, but I did it, and heck, IT Guy is proud of me with it! Ha ha ha!
1. Years ago...make that 9 years ago to be exact, I was on the road driving...when a jeepney overtake and cut on my lane...I was shocked and was so pissed! Add to that the insensitivity of the driver...so step on the gas, tried to catch up....rolled down my window...and there, "award" the driver with my out of this world nag...and since I was not over with it yet, I fake to pull out something from my passenger seat...and made a hand gun gesture...boom! Ha! You could have seen the shock of the driver's face...he turned pale...and couldn't seem to believe he was still alive! I know I know...I shouldn't have done that, but hell I did, and man...it still make me LOL 'til now!
I hope they made you high just by reading them...
Please don't forget to visit the following Fun Monday participants...
4. Hootin Anni
6. SWAMP~WITCH aka: Swampy
7. M (the misanthrope)
18. Margaret, Soon To Be Mama
21. Pamela (The Dust Cloud?)
23. Mal - Team Gherkin
25. Lil Mouse
For those who said they'll try but did not commit and made it...please let me know so I can add you. For those who decided to join last minute, let me know here, and I will link you up!
By the way, ChrisB wanted to pass this award to all Fun Monday participants...I think she means not just this week's, but everyone who one way or another had made this fun meme successful...and still on going!
I wish everyone a high and FUN Monday!!!