So many things to thank God for...
I'd like to thank all the people who prayed for me and wish me well...Mariposa is now better! Praise God for giving me wonderful friends and for having them around when I need them most...in life and in here!
I'm also thankful for the coming back of a friend, Jan of Dream Weaver's Web! Jan is one of the first people here whom I've made friends with...and she inspires me in her own special way. She is a very gentle, loving, thoughtful, intelligent woman...and my heart is just so filled with joy to see her back! Please...let me beg for your indulgence once again...and allow me to promote her site here! If you could visit here and just give her a warm hello so she feels she is very welcome...I'd take it as a great favor...and I can do all your Memes if you want! Ha!
Today, I just turned 2-years with my Company. Two years of hard fought battle to get what I believe will help the organization drive success...two years of joys...pains...rantings...wtf moments... It was an interesting journey...and for the most part...a humbling experience.
I'd like to thank God for the gift of wisdom and health to enable me to do my job. I'm thankful for the opportunity to work with a wonderful boss...very loving, caring and understanding! I'm thanking for meeting alot of wonderful people...and for the gift of friendships.
I'm thankful for Nico...the only person who made me stay when I wanted to quit a week after I got the job...and for his patience in taking my calls and listening to my rants. He always throw the challenge back at me every time I'm ready give it all up...
I'm also thankful for finding another best friend! KB...of all people...I never thought we would click together... Thank you for reaching out...and the day I decided to say "hello" to you the second despite our first meeting is one of the best decision I've done in my life...for I have found a wonderful friendship with you. Very unique...very true...very inspiring...
But what does Mariposa do?! Mariposa is a Process Improvement Evangelist...that is how I call myself...and for the most part...I'm very much thankful to God for guiding me in the creation of the company's own Management System Standards complying several other industry standard such ISO and COPC.
So allow me to share with you 13 of my favorite quotes on Kaizen or the way to continuous improvement, not only at work...but in life!
(1) "The most important choice you make is what you choose to make important." -Michael Neill
(2) "You must BE the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
(3) "If we improved any single process in our business by just 1%, or even 0.1%, but we did that every single day - what do you think the effects would be in a month? In a year? In five years?" -Unknown Author
(4) "From now on, if you're part of this team you have two jobs: Doing your job and Improving your job." -Unknown Author
(5) "Continuous Improvement is not a one-off project or 'flavour of the month'... it is a constant and never-ending commitment backed up by action. " -Author Unknown
(6) "The essence of Kaizen is gradual (even tiny) but continuous improvement that over the long-term sculpts a masterpiece!" -Unknown Author
(7) "If you see a snake, just kill it - don't appoint a committee on snakes."
(8) “Where there is no Standard there can be no Kaizen” - Taiichi Ohno
(9) "Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it." David Starr Jordan
(10) “Why not make the work easier and more interesting so that people do not have to sweat? The Toyota style is not to create results by working hard. It is a system that says there is no limit to people’s creativity. People don’t go to Toyota to ‘work’ they go there to ‘think’” - Taiichi Ohno
(11) "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." -Richard Bach
(12) “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit.” -Aristotle
(13) "Never, Never, Never Quit."
Please check Thankful Thursday
and together let us celebrate
all the things we should
be grateful for!
For other 13 wonderful things....please visit Thursday Thirteen!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
So many things to thank God for...